Saturday 29 June 2013

Full swing

I will try to reconstitute this post, as somehow I managed to delete it!

The simple thing is to just show the pictures again as they all appear in the label list. The first was a rather worn Barred Umber
Barred Umber

The reason I managed to delete the post was because I found out that the moth I had labelled as E dodecella was in fact B terella and in trying to change it, lost the lot.
Bryotropha terrella

Also featured were the first Burnished Brass here - a moth under scrutiny as some people believe there are 2 different ones (others do not). The debate concerns whether the brass band is H shaped (like this) or split in 2.



Another first, not only for the site, but for me personally was a Purple Clay and  a very well marked Shoulder-striped Wainscot.

Purple Clay

Shoulder-striped Wainscot


Lastly I pictured Tinea semifulvella, related to the clothes moths, but usually living in bird's nests.

Tinea semifulvella

No comments:

Post a Comment