Tuesday 16 October 2012

Merveilleuse!

Merveille du Jour is translated into English as the "Marvel of the day", and as such this moth lives up to its name.  Stunningly beautiful in shades of green, black and white. They can be found feeding on Ivy blossom and sometimes on ripe ivy berries
It makes it well worthwhile to put the trap on when it is raining and blustery and find one of these in the trap next morning.

Merveille du Jour















In my post a few days ago I spoke about the plain brown form of the Green-brindled Crescent - which I had never seen - well, now I have, and it was well worth the wait.

 
Green-brindled Crescent f. capucina
In the garden I have still been finding Pug larvae on the heathers and lately they are of slightly different colours from the original ones. Three of the original ones appear to have pupated.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment